Other Areas in My Padded Cell

Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

With the New Year's come the annual resolutions that seem really good at first, but quickly die mid-January. Well, if you're me they die mid-January, but perhaps other people can keep their resolutions alive a bit longer.
Despite the fact that I have as much trouble with resolutions living as I do with plants, I still make them every year. Don't ask me why. Perhaps I'm an incurable optimist . . . or I'm crazy, whichever one.
This year, I am resolving to write more, which really shouldn't be hard considering I didn't write very much last year. I am also hoping to read more often than I have been of late, and also learn to play the mandolin that has been sitting around for almost four years now. Hey, I need a backup plan if my writing career doesn't take off. So, if you don't see any books or articles by me just look for my CD.

I've been getting a head start on my reading resolution. I just finished a Middle-Grade book called The Night Tourist by Katherine Marsh. I'm also in the midst of reading the Plums of P.G. Wodehouse, which I am thoroughly enjoying. I might blog about these a little later.

As for my blog I hope to touch base with My Padded Cell at least once every week. That's another resolution. Hopefully, since I'm posting it where everyone can see, I'll keep up with my resolutions this year. . . Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment