Other Areas in My Padded Cell

Monday, February 6, 2012

New Year Resolution . . . Take Two

 Did you think that I had left you forever?
Well, too bad, I'm back! You should be used to this by now.
We're a month into another new year, so it's time for my New Year Delusions. . . I mean, Resolutions, of course.
Let's see, what are my resolutions this year?
1.Write more than last year: That shouldn't be hard to do.
2. Maybe actually publish something? Ha! Yeah right. I've already had one rejection this year thus far. I bet you're shocked by this news. I can hear you now, "You actually sent something out to be rejected?" Yes! Are you proud of me?
3. Last but not least, this year I am going to try and dodge those time traveling aliens better! Those nasty little creatures are always distracting me! Not that that's really hard to do. I'm always getting dis- ooh, look! A shiny thing!
Ahem. . . Yes. . . I digress.
So, those are my New Year Delusions for the year.
"We've been through this before," I can hear you say, "What makes you think you'll actually keep them this year?
The answer is simple: I'm making my resolutions in February, not January. I've probably just astounded you with my brilliance.
So, how are you doing with your New Year Resolutions? Are you keeping to them? Have you already given up? Or did you even bother to make them at all?
Resolutions are fun to make, but they also shed light on your shortcomings.
Wow, that was almost a deep thought! I'd better stop before I start sounding profound! Horrors!

Till next time, keep dodging those Time Traveling Aliens.

 Photo Copyright © 2011 Darren Hester

2 comments:

  1. Two years ago my New Year Resolution was to get up early every Saturday morning with a cup of coffee and watch one (Only one!Cause this is where the REAL temptation comes.) episode of Pee-Wee's Playhouse. (45 episodes) I actually for the first time in my life fulfilled one of my resolutions. I was so proud! Now this year my resolution is to live the rest of my life as a Belly Dancing Gypsy OR East Indian Princess. And judging by my ebay purchases the last few days,I'm doing good on both. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on keeping your old resolution, and may I say what a fantastic resolution you have this year! I hope it works out for you. I think it would be great fun to be a Belly Dancing Gypsy or an East Indian Princess!

      Delete