Other Areas in My Padded Cell

Friday, January 21, 2011

Muse On Coffee Break



Well, here I am; sitting at the computer, watching time slowly tick by.
Obviously my muse is on a coffee break, so I suppose I'll start without her.

It snowed again this week, which means my brother is home again, and with him the drama that is his vehicle.
His stupid . . . I mean lovely. . . truck is once again causing trouble.
It isn't the brakes this time; they're working great now (much to the relief of every driver in the country).
This time it's the transmission. For some strange and odd reason it has decided not to work. In other words, the lovely truck refuses to go into reverse. Fun huh?
And my brother wonders why my life flashes before my eyes every time I ride in that thing?

I've been occupying my time by re-rewriting chapter one of my novel. I have made an important decision concerning the beginning of my book; I'm afraid it's bye-bye Prologue. I know it sounds heartless, but it just wasn't working the way I had wanted it to, so it's received the axe. Oh, what a cruel world we live in!
With the draft of the first chapter complete (for the thirteenth time), it's been fairly simple to move on with the story. I have finished chapter two, and am currently working on chapter three.

Well folks, I believe that's it for the week. Sorry, you can blame my muse for the short post. I mean seriously, how long does it take her to drink a cup of coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment